I am currently accepting sponsorship in the form of banner ads and sponsored posts.
- Products/services must be related to history, education or a related product/service.
- All sponsored content will be labelled as sponsored.
- If your email does not include the product/service you want promoted, it will be discarded without a reply.
Sponsored post pitches related to dating, gambling/casinos or any other product/service unrelated to history will be discarded without a reply.
Will you review my book?
I’m not currently accepting book review requests. (My TBR is scary huge.)
Did you find an error?
I strive for historical accuracy. I want to know if you found an error in any of my blog posts. You can let me know by emailing me. Thanks in advance.
Contribute a Guest Post
Love writing about history?
If you’re interested in contributing to The Lazy Historian, I would love to hear from you!
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Please include the following in your submission:
- at least one blog post idea you’d like to write about (do NOT send completed articles)
- an author bio to go at the bottom of your post and any links you want included there (3-4 sentences max)
- a headshot (if you would like it included in your post)
If you have a writing portfolio, please include the link so I can take a look.
Before submitting, please review:
- Posts on this blog are written in a casual style and are fairly short (500-700 words is fine but I’m flexible). I accept articles, book reviews (non-fiction only please), and interviews of a historical nature. Please check out what other posts I have featured on the site if you aren’t sure if your post fits the style.
- I get quite a few guest post submissions. I respond to every submission that follows the guidelines but sometimes it takes me a few weeks to get to them.
- Unfortunately, I can not pay for guest posts. Credit will be given in a bio and a link back to your website.
- I have the right to edit your post content and title.
- Emails pitching blog post topics not related to history will be ignored.
- If I accept a post topic and I get an article that is just an unpaid sponsored article advertising your product, I will probably tell you to rewrite it.
- Since I don’t have a lot of time to devote to editing your post, I pay a lot of attention to how your pitch email is written. If your email does not suggest a strong grasp of English, I will probably not accept your pitch.
Still looking to submit? Great! Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Guest Post Pitch.” I look forward to hearing from you.